Working with Americans: Tips for Danes, my new book, is now available!
Many Danes work for companies that are US-owned or have US divisions. Others deal with American colleagues on the telephone or online every day. Some even travel to the US to meet customers, suppliers or colleagues.
Because Danes speak great English and are exposed to so much American TV, movies, and radio, they tend to think that they have a handle on the American culture and way of doing business.
As the great American composer George Gershwin once wrote, “It ain’t necessarily so.”
Working with Americans: Tips for Danes covers aspects like:
- What should you expect in meetings and negotiations with Americans?
- How can you make small talk with your American colleagues – and which topics should you avoid?
- What do American employees really want from a manager?
- Why do your US customers expect you to be available all the time?
- Why won’t American employees go outside their job descriptions?
Contact me directly if you’re interested in a bulk order for your team. The book can also be branded with your company’s logo on request.
A companion volume, Working With Danes: Tips for Americans, will be published in 2020.
Visit our Books about Denmark page for information about all our books, including How to Work in Denmark: Tips for finding a job, succeeding at work, and understanding your Danish boss; How to Live in Denmark: An entertaining guide for foreigners and their Danish friends; and Top 35 Mistakes Danes Make in English.